Tuesday, August 9, 2011

One blogger's search for office chair relief

Finding the Perfect Office Chair: Aeron vs. Swiss Ball vs. the FBI's Pick...

Written by Tim Ferriss of www.fourhourworkweek.com

(Total read time: 8 minutes)

In this post I'll cover how I identified the best high-end chairs in the world, which I ultimately chose, and the tangible results that followed.
In January of 2005, I found myself on a veranda in Panama after the usual afternoon rain, dreaming of the upcoming year and reflecting on lessons learned since leaving the US. Maria Elena, the matriarch of the Panamanian family that had adopted me, sipped her iced tea and pointed at my bruised feet:
"Tim, let me share some advice I was once given. Buy the most comfortable bed and pair of shoes you can afford. If you're not in one, you'll be in the other."
I followed her advice upon returning to CA and the results were sudden: Plantar Fasciitis disappeared, as did shoulder impingement after switching from coil-spring to foam-layered mattresses.
But what about chairs? On January 4th, 2009, I tweeted out the following:
"Is the Aeron chair worth it? http://tr.im/2uxd Do you have any fave chairs for extended sitting and writing?"

Read more over at: FourHourWorkWeek

Great deals on certified refurbished office chairs at Sit4LessCertified.com

No comments:

Post a Comment